Monday, December 23, 2013

Looxcie LX2 Wearable Video Cam for iPhone and Android Product Review On My 1994 Suzuki Intruder VS800

Looxcie LX2 Wearable Video Cam for iPhone and Android 


Okay so unlike the typical handle bar mounts or helmet cams like the GoPro and others we have a different spin on action filming here. This is a bluetooth wearable camera, basically like existing bluetooth head pieces. I'm going to break this review down into two parts. I'm going to first discuss the actual device, next I'll discuss the applications associated with it.
Wearable Motorcycle Camera
Unlike Helmet Mounted Cams This Is Wearable Like A Traditional Bluetooth


This device basically does what it says. It records pretty well. It records in a loop meaning you can record as long as the battery will last. You can grab clips by pressing a single button which is nice, many cams lack this feature. You are also able to send clips via Youtube, Facebook, Email, or via twitter. That is a really neat feature. This device does have its downsides however. Next we'll discuss pros and cons. 

Pro's

1. Video quality is good, not HD, but good. I would say it's better than a police cars dash cam.
2. Sound is better than expected. Not what you'll get with other models but not bad.
3. I love that it loops. Just hit record and it will record til battery runs out or you stop it. 
4. Works like bluetooth devices you are probably used to. No bugs for me as others report. 

Con's

1. After a while you really feel the weight on your ear. I was never a fan of bluetooth devices to begin with so I'm probably not their ideal user.
2. I've had to restart the device twice. Not hte end of the world but this was in 3 days of use only. 
3. Battery life is poor for the video quality. Much better HD cameras can easily record 2 hours or more. This isn't even HD and barely does 2 hours. 
4. Bright red light when recording. This is pretty stupid. Maybe have some type of indicator so you know if your recording or not but the draw of this device is it's somewhat inconcpicous, coudl be mistaken for a bluetooth ear piece not a camera so having a light is kinda silly if you ask me. 

Apps:

Pro's

1. Looxcie live is pretty cool. You can stream video to someone. Very cool feature.
2. Looxcie moments is pretty cool as well. You can make clips and upload to social media.

Con's

1. Looxcie cam and moments is somewhat buggy. Trouble with device pairing.
2. Looxcie desktop app also crashes regularly

Wrapping Up...

Keeping the price in mind this is a pretty good buy for the price point. Honstly I'd probably opt for an Ion Air or even the Polaroid action cams instead though. You do however get a unique device you can wear with no clipons or mounts. It's a bluetooth which is cool. You can record up to 480p. Video and sound quality is decent for the price. 

As stated earlier this isnt really inconspicuous. I feel self concious wearing it knowing others know I'm recording. Not like I'm going on any secret spy missions and need secrecy but don't like the idea I have a giant blinking red light on my head. I plan on covering it with a magic marker or something in the near future.

Obviously on this site we review these devices for motorcycles however another cool use is almost a secuirty system. Because you can stream live video say your wife or gf is leaving work or the airport late at night walking through a parking garage, wear this and you can make sure she's okay. I could potentially see future versions having a built in GPS with location as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment